Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bits and Pieces

I know my blogging has been erratic for a while. But that doesn't mean I'm not thinking about blog posts. All of these photos were taken during the summer with the intent that each would trigger their own blog post. But due to laziness, that's not happening.

First is a stole knit by a knit group friend. I've forgotten the pattern and the yarn--but it was lovely and very well-done.



I intended to write a ranting blog entry about summer shoe styles. This photo was taken on a day when it was 95+ both in temperature and humidity. Yet this woman is wearing boots! This is something I totally don't get and I see all over the city. What's worse are the Uggs worn with sundresses.



OK, what's the story here? Maybe the Wicked Witch of the West was wearing Uggs with a sundress and melted from the heat?



More knitting by a friend. Isn't this a sweet little sweater? The yarn is Bernat's Baby Jacquards in Rosebud. That's a self-flowering yarn. LOL



For this photo, the blog entry would have included a recipe for Israeli Salad--a wonderful summery salad. (Cucumber, scallions, tomato, parsley, mint, olive oil and lemon juice.)



And that ends this lazy, summer randomness!

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Glad you post when you can. I enjoy reading.

Don't think I've seen Uggs and sundresses here. Could be that it's just too hot!

stringplay said...

Just thinking of Uggs or boots of any kind in this heat makes me almost faint. That salad sure does look cool and yummy, though.

Pat said...

I agree about the boots - I've also seen Uggs and short shorts. What's up with that?

Anonymous said...

Boots, even short ones with mini skirts, short shorts or whatnot, even in summer is a 1970's fashion.

Mary, that witch's hat is description is brilliant! hehe

The little baby sweater is so adorable, and the comment on the yarn is so funny! lol

I'm so glad you post.

Lella

Retired Knitter said...

I do the same ... take pictures of stuff that catch my fancy and use them to launch a post ... it sometimes works.

:-)

Jolene said...

Better than me -- I think about good blog photos but usually never actually take them!

Sherri said...

That was fun! I saw lots of cowboy boots on melting hot days...even with tights!