Thursday, November 24, 2011

No Turkey for Me

The only turkey on our table this year were our candlesticks.



I've had turkey-less Thanksgivings before, but this is the first time I prepared for turkey and didn't have it. I bought a fresh turkey yesterday. The "buy by" date was 11/26. But I opened the package this morning and PEEEEEEE-YEW!

Back to the store it went and corned beef then became our Thanksgiving meat. The one concession I made to the corned beef was to serve it with carrots and not turnips and butternut squash.



Maybe on St. Paddy's Day, I should cook turkey and cabbage?

2 comments:

stringplay said...

Way to go coming up with Plan B so quickly and this one looks delicious, especially that squash. Love those turkey candleholders. Looks like a Victoria magazine moment!

quiltyknitwit said...

That happened to me once a couple of years ago when I had decided to make the turkey the day before Thanksgiving. It looked like there was a tear in the plastic wrapper, and it caused it to go bad. Luckily I was able to buy a fresh turkey & cook it for the big day. I also like those lovely candleholders!