Sunday, December 7, 2008

Y is for

Yuletide knitting!



I don't like the pressure of having to make gifts during this time of the year--and have never done so.

But, this year, there was a collision of circumstances.

I needed something easy-peasy with big yarn and big needles to make to/from/at the Retreat AND my niece has been adopted by a new kitten.

Of course! My feline great-nephew needs a blanket for Christmas!

The pattern is the Big, Bad Baby Blanket. The yarn is Plymouth Encore--picked up at last year's Retreat swap table.

Kippy has declared the blanket suitable for cat-sitting.



It's a nice quick, boring knit and I might actually finish it in time--if Barney lets me have the needles back.

3 comments:

stringplay said...

Awww. I love these pictures. Cat Tested & Approved.

Bubblesknits said...

Barney seems to have the same idea as Fluffy. If I sit on it, they *have* to pay attention to me! lol

Lynne said...

So much knitting "help" !

Looks like you'll be knitting another kitty blanket before too long! They seem to love it! Too cute. Mine just carry off my knitting and then the dogs take it from there. I think it's a conspiracy actually.