Sunday, December 21, 2008

Z is for

I saw this sign from across the street



and got a bit closer



And though it's not, I was hoping it would be a store selling nothing but this:



It's strange how the two have the exact same typeface. And totally confusing to this knitter!

When I returned to knitting a few years ago, I went to a yarn store and bought some Zara. I don't remember why I chose that yarn--but something about it called to me.

I began by making swatches of all different stitch patterns. Garter, ribbing, seed, moss, basketweave, stockinette. Not huge squares--three or four inches.



I just wanted to see how I liked it.

I liked it!

Zara is wonderful to the touch and gives great stitch definition. Knitting with it is totally enjoyable! I'm sure that if I had used some other yarn, I wouldn't have picked up the needles again.

4 comments:

sherriknits said...

1. I'm glad you bought that yarn, too, or I'd never have gotten to "meet" you.
2. Wow. I had to go to the website to see what the sign was for and the kids clothes are REALLY cute!

stringplay said...

Aw, too bad. That WOULD have been a great place! You could have used Zingone Brothers, too!

Iron Needles said...

Congrats on making it to the end. I have enjoyed seeing all your abc postings!

Susan said...

Great job on the Z, I have to remain Z-less.