Saturday, January 17, 2009

A is for

Let's start this ABC Along where it all begins for me. **

A is for Albany, NY.

Born there. Raised there. Escaped from there. Got married there.



Albany is very much a company town with the business being government. The above could be called company headquarters.

In the summer after I graduated from high school, I worked in downtown Albany. I spent many lunchtimes sitting on a park bench looking at this view of the Capitol. I was 18 and on my way to college in NYC--I knew my future wouldn't be in Albany. But little did I realize that Albany would never leave me.


**My ABC Along 2009 won't be very fiber-related. I'm going to focus on NYS and NYC. However, at times, both fiber and city/state will be meeting up with each other.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Very beautiful picture! My family is from Upstate NY originally and my brother went to school at RPI which isn't too far away!

stringplay said...

Terrific 'A'! I look forward to B-Z. I always enjoy your pictures.

The DeDe said...

You may make me a bit homesick this year but I look forward to all the fun snits you'll share with us.