Sunday, August 23, 2009

Inspiration

Perhaps it's because I finally finished the Summer Lake Shawl. Or maybe, despite the heat and humidity, I'm beginning to feel that fall is impatiently waiting to arrive. The summer-sales are long over and sweaters and coats are on display in the stores.

My knitting vacation seems to be over. I suddenly want to knit something cozy and warm. And different and new.

Last week, I received the following two cards. One is a prayer card for a dear, deceased aunt. The other is a postcard from the Great Smoky Mountains from vacationing Sonja.



I threw both on my coffee table and couldn't help but be struck by the colors. Turquoise and red----blueish-green and red. I can't get these colors out of my mind. That red--oh that red haunts me. And putting it with a blue-green and/or turquoise. Will it work?

Keep tuned. Later today I'll be going through the stash to find these colors. And to see what warm, cozy thing they want to be.

6 comments:

sherriknits said...

oooooooooooh I can't wait to see!

stringplay said...

I love those two colors together (even old beige me!). Thanks, I suppose, to Hurricane Bill it was a bit cooler around home this weekend and I actually thought fall a couple of times myself. The forecast has banished these crazy notions and I now realize no wool will be needed around here for many more weeks to come. Oh, well.

Anonymous said...

Those cards are wonderful inspiration! Like Serriknits, I can't wait to see what you create.

Susan said...

I love to see how others get their inspiration. Those colors are really beautiful together.

minipurl said...

Can't wait to see what you decide to knit.
Think snow **********

Anonymous said...

I love the combonation! I may even try it myself sometime.