Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Another March Mystery

It was warmer today. But not that warm--40ish degrees. We still had to wear winter coats, hats, gloves and scarves. Many people were also wearing boots.

Except this guy.



I see plenty of guys wearing shorts in the winter. But those winter-short-wearers look like they're going to or from the gym. And they're running--not strolling.

This guy was strolling in shorts. With sandals. And black knee socks. This was a planned outfit--not something he threw on to go to the gym.

What's his story?

Did he see some sun and think it was 75 degrees out? Is he visiting from the tropics and the airline lost his luggage containing his long pants? Did he have some sort of winter clothes meltdown and now he can't bear to wear wool and layers? Is he a knee exhibitionist?

It's a mystery to me.

10 comments:

Jolene said...

Perhaps he was told "the pants are in the mail"?

Susan said...

Not warm enough for shorts for me, either. And I wonder about people, too. I would love to know their stories.

sherriknits said...

thanks for the laugh!

rho said...

maybe he is from Bermuda and the airport lost his luggage - they were Bermuda shorts right?

Jackie's Stitches said...

So the knee socks were on purpose? I'm just glad that this "style" in seen in other places besides Florida!

Yesterukes said...

Yep, that was my thought, too--maybe he's from Bermuda. At least he's all color coordinated.

stringplay said...

Me? I'm just always trying to HIDE more skin.

Saffron said...

Knee exhibitionsit! LOL! You present some good questions!! :)

Kate B said...

My husband works in the city - he's a fireman - he wears shorts year round. He's been known to be out in front of the firehouse, clearing the snow away, in his short. (They are uniform shorts, so allowed.)

Lynne said...

Nah, I think he's probably European! ;)