Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Seen in NYC



See that hat? Let's take a closer look:



Yep, an entrelac hat. Love it!

This hat looks like it could be handknit and the yarn might be Noro. If I had been thinking and moving quicker, I would have stopped the woman and asked.

Ravelry has a few pages of entrelac hat patterns. This hat might be the Fourth Grade Hat or maybe even the Blustery Day Beret Entrelac Hat or perhaps the Cricket Hat -- but without the topknot--or it could also be Amanda's Entrelac Hat.

Anybody recognize the pattern, yarn or even the woman wearing the hat?

Here's a good tutorial for knitting entrelac. During the winter, I played around with entrelac and it was a lot of fun. Hmmmm. . . . I wonder if I have any Noro in the stash?

5 comments:

stringplay said...

Ah, entrelac. You know I always seem to buy an entrelac pattern at Stitches or fiber fairs. Just something about them. Interesting. Love the photos.

Pat's here said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The DeDe said...

Wow! Love that hat. I hope you figure out what the pattern is!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the photos. the hat is gorgeous, especially the colors. Wonderful inspiration.

Anonymous said...

I love when I'm out & about, and see people wearing hand knits.