Wednesday, October 3, 2007

UFO Confession

OK, I'll admit it. I did it. I took some perfectly fine knitting projects, shoved them into plastic bags and forgot about 'em.













We all know about The feather and fan shawl and the Tabloid Socks. Technically, they're WIPs. They're on the top of the pile and being worked on.


No, I'm talking about the abyss of UFOs. A place where UFOs go to die. A scary place. The bottom of the knitting bag. And what are these unfinished and unloved objects?

Sundara's Petal Collection Calla Lily sock. Enthusiastically knitted the first sock. Forgot that socks come in pairs.



Digging deeper. A scarf. Started during the fall of 2005. Nice yarn--thick and thin. Good color--deep, dusty purple. But the fabric feels dense and I really don't wear long outer scarves.




I think this scarf will be frogged.

Digging into a place I don't want to go.



Fingerless gloves for the hubster that were started in the summer of 2004 or was it 2003? Whenever. All I know is that I began these when I had no idea of what it meant to pick up stitches.

They've become a joke between us. Not to be frogged--I'd rather keep an element of mystery in our marriage.

Somewhere between a WIP and a UFO is this--



the Honeybee Stole. I love the yarn, the pattern and love the five rows I've done. No excuse for not working on it!

I know my UFO pile isn't all that deep--but, not to worry--I'm planning to start another project or two or three that are sure to be UFOs! The list will grow.

1 comment:

stringplay said...

You were learning things AND, more importantly, ENJOYING it. I think those gloves look great.