Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Consistency

At the Knitters Review Retreat, a skein of Briar Rose laceweight was one of the many wonderful raffle prizes. Didn't win it. But I helped the winner wind the skein and fell madly in love with the colors. Shades of pink, olive, blue, plum, gold.



I wanted some of that! But I didn't want laceweight.

Chris of Briar Rose was there and she graciously offered to dye that colorway in a different weight. I chose Legend--a weight that's between sport and DK.



It wasn't until I began working on a project, that I realized why I loved the colorway. They're my colors. The colors I surround myself with. The colors I walk on every day!




Um. . . did you notice an inconsistency? You're right. No, that doesn't look like the Lady Eleanor that I started with this yarn.

Story to be continued next time.

4 comments:

stringplay said...

Mary, I already love the way the colors are showing up in the new pattern, and you are right, they are exactly the colors of your beautiful rug!

margaret in manhattan said...

can't wait to hear why you chucked Lady E ...

Bubblesknits said...

Definitely the same colors. :-) I tend to do the same thing without realizing it.

Lynne said...

Beautiful colorway!