Thursday, February 15, 2007

Cashmere Thursday

Presenting for the first time on this blog--Finished Objects!



Specifications: clapotis scarf / Jade Sapphire cashmere 6 ply/ black and gray colorway (noir) / size 6 needles
I used 3 increase repeats to make the scarf less wide than the pattern for the shawl. the length is the same.

With the leftover yarn, I made a headband:



This still needs some working since it's not as snug as it should be. I'll be ripping out the extra inch of plain gray worsted--or maybe I won't. Today will be the test since it's feeling like eleventy million below zero out there.

Anti-snit

From time-to-time, there'll be an anti-snit to chase away any negatives that my written snits are stirring up. It's icy out there today and I have a history of falling and breaking my foot--so, karma, please don't bitch-slap me today. Some positives:
I'm very thankful to my friend and former colleague, MJ--a man who certainly has his way with words, for giving me the name of this blog three years ago.
I'm grateful I woke up today to another glorious day and I just love puppies and kittens and sunsets and I think the glass is half-full and that NYC cab drivers are the finest people alive and when Lennys puts unasked for peppers on my sandwiches, they are merely trying to expand my taste-buds and . . . oh, wait. Now I'm crossing the line into delusion.

No comments: