Sunday, April 1, 2007

Into the Demographic Mud Puddle

Because I'm a Baby Boomer, my knitting looks like this:



Very little knitting has been going on here for the past couple of days since I read this NY Times article.

It seems that female Baby Boomers are all about playing computer games. 47% of the people downloading games from PopCap Games are over 50 and 76% of these are women. Well, gee, I'm not one to shake up all the notions one has of early Baby Boomers--so I'm jumping right into this demographic pool as if it were a mud puddle at Woodstock.

Bookworm is my new obsession. It's a combination of Tetris, Scrabble, Boggle and there's fire! There's no proof that playing these games will dementia-proof us, but they supposedly help short-term memory.

So, yes, I really do remember that there's some knitting to be done around here. But, I'm kind of busy right now making sure the library doesn't catch on fire.

2 comments:

Devorah said...

Bookworm is good but Peggle is great! I'm tempted to actually buy this one.

Anonymous said...

I just downloaded Bookworm. this might have been a bad thing. No knitting progress or tax prep progress will be made today but at least I'll remeber that I was supposed to be doing those things!h