Friday, June 26, 2009

Pocket Park Knitting

It's been raining 40 days and 40 nights here. And just when I thought I should be building an ark, we had sunny day!

A good day to run around and complete chores. For a few minutes, however, I was able to set aside my to-do list and put down the shopping bags.

Tucked behind a movie theater and some shops, I saw a waterfall!



NYC has these pocket parks throughout the city. In the middle of block, suddenly there's greenery and seating. A place to rest and block out the city noises.

Or a place to quietly sit and knit.

8 comments:

sherriknits said...

I love it!

stringplay said...

I think I have rain envy. Just kidding. Glad you got a sunny day and time to knit with nature.

Iron Needles said...

That's a fun surprise to find. Our weather pattern is sunshine and blue skies in the morning followed by clouds and torrents of rain in the afternoons! Flooding, hail, and general mayhem...

Ahhh...June in the west...

PS love the sock!

Bubblesknits said...

How pretty! Love the waterfall.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely place to knit after the rain. It is fun to find secret places like that. Thanks for sharing.

minipurl said...

I love New York :)
What a wonderful little place you found to enjoy the sunshine...and, of course, to knit.

Susan said...

We're thinking of an ark, too. But you're right today was beautiful and you found a beautiful spot to knit.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

I definitely have rain envy.

We have little parks and actually the two biggest urban parks, one of which is very near me. They are not as quiet and green as yours though. Glad you got away a bit, M.