Friday, April 10, 2009

Why Crochet?

This is why:



Our other cat, Kippy, needs some extra lovin' these days. She's missing Barney as much as we are. And I needed something different to do. Didn't want to knit the sadness I was feeling into the Clapotis I've been working on.

I used to crochet years and years ago. And figured this would be a good time to practice the stitches.

This cat blankie isn't going to be best looking thing I've ever made. It's a combination of all kinds of crochet stitches. There's no pattern in mind. And I think I'm even making up some stitches.

But Kippy doesn't care. She just wants to snuggle into it.

6 comments:

Susan said...

She looks so cute in her blanket. I have a soft spot in my heart for tuxedo kitties.

sherriknits said...

that is the sweetest post. thanks for sharing.

stringplay said...

Looks like you both are being comforted. Hope so.

minipurl said...

Oh, I like Kippy. I'm glad she has that warm little blanket to snuggle in.
Thinking of you.
Jeannie

Diane said...

That's a great story about how Kippy came to live with you. She looks like she's gaining great comfort from her new blanket.

Bubblesknits said...

That was so sweet of you to make her a cuddle blanket. :-)