Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Fried in DC

My plan for today in Capital City, USA was to stroll over to the Corcoran Gallery to see the Annie Leibovitz show. Yeah, the one I was too lazy to see in Brooklyn.

It's about a hundred eighty zillion degrees out there today. The Gallery is only three long blocks away. On the way there, I trudged past



Get to the Corcoran Gallery. Sweaty, red-faced. Have to check my bottle of water. Find out that, d'uh, I'd misread the sign. Leibovitz's show will be there in the fall. OK, my brain is fried. I didn't connect that October 2007 hadn't happened yet.

However, I enjoyed these pussycats outside the Corcoran





And the exhibit they did have was interesting. Impressionism, Realism, Modernism: Works on Paper from the American Collection. American art: etchings, drawings, lithographs from 1880 to 1950ish. Among the artists: Edward Hopper, Isabel Bishop, Childe Hassam, John Sloan. Many scenes from NYC--Coney Island, Washington Square.

Then I had to leave. Took a cab back to the hotel. Worth every penny.

My afternoon plans include:



While here in DC, I not only bought some souvenir yarn but, looky look at this beautiful necklace:



Yes, Margaret, this is my "from me to me" gift for our mutual special day.

Can't wait to get back to NYC because I hear that something's abuzz.

2 comments:

stringplay said...

I have a friend who has an Aunt Mimi (get it? Me Me) Whenever she buys herself something she says it's from her Aunt Mimi. That Aunt Mimi sure is a generous soul!
Nice necklace.

Devorah said...

Beautiful necklace -- you deserve it!