Saturday, November 7, 2009

M is for

Michaels in Manhattan ****

Fall in NYC is the season of openings. The opera. New Broadway shows. New restaurants. For many of us, the opening of a Michaels in Manhattan was greeted with that same enthusiasm.

Most of you probably have a Michaels-like store nearby. However, in Manhattan, we're lacking that one store where crafters can get all their stuff.



I went there the week before the store officially opened. It was packed! People were gawking at scrapbook items, Christmasy things, bake ware stuff.

It was amazing! It's also huge for a store in Manhattan.

The yarn department didn't thrill me. But I knew it wouldn't. Some cottons, some acrylics. If I needed some kitchen cotton (And if I didn't already have a ton of it in my stash!), I'd get some. That's about it.

BUT I did use the 40% off coupon on a new Ott light. And I also bought a ton of ribbons and tissue paper.



Welcome to this new addition to Manhattan!

(Not affiliated with Michaels in any way. With Christmas right around the corner, just looking forward to going back there to freshen up the Christmas decorations.)

****Way behind with the ABC Along 2009 and hoping to catch up. My ABCs will be focused on NYC/NYS things.
Fall in NYC is the season of openings. The opera. New Broadway shows. New restaurants. For many of us, the opening of a Michaels in Manhattan was greeted with that same enthusiasm.

3 comments:

minipurl said...

Michael's is a treasure-trove of goodies...and has great coupons. Yarn? Not so much, but sometimes can get good knitting books. Enjoy :)

stringplay said...

Let there be light! I was amazed at how much my little Ott-Lite helps.

Iron Needles said...

I love my ott for quilting. I am glad I have other options for Michaels. But I live in the wild and wooly west!