Monday, November 30, 2009

Ghosts of Knitting Past

But they'll never come back to haunt me since they were sent to the frog pond.

The reason why I have only two UFOs is because I usually don't let projects sit around with the hope that they'll magically turn into something they're not. If they don't work for me--rip it, rip it, rip it!

This was my Resistance is Futile Scarf aka Falling Water Lace Scarf. I was craving something blue and lacy. Then I wasn't. Rip it!



I started this scarf--the Good Old Cabled Scarf--and got bored. Rip it!



I really thought the Lady Eleanor entrelac shawl would be perfect for this Briar Rose yarn. But the colors muddied and didn't show off the gorgeous colors. Rip it!
(My current knitting project--a Clapotis--is a better use of the yarn.)



The Honeybee Stole--how I love this pattern. But the pattern didn't love distracted me. Rip it!
(The Blue Moon Fiber Arts yarn became the North Sea Shawl. )



This yarn and pattern--Calla Lily--is from Sundara's very first sock club. Made one sock. Didn't love it. But I didn't rip it! Sock and yarn went it to somebody on Ravelry in the Sundara swap forum.



I started a plain vanilla sock on the Hiya Hiya needles to see if I like the teeny tiny things. I do. But the yarn calls for some sort of interesting stitch pattern. Rip it!



And this marks my 30th post in 30 days! Whew!

4 comments:

stringplay said...

30 posts in 30 days. Now that's dedication. I guess we can't expect such good, daily entertainment, but at least the ABC-along still has a few more letters.

But yikes! That means December is here.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! You're going to finish the ABC's aren't you? }:)

Iron Needles said...

Excellent job, and interesting posts! I have enjoyed hearing from you more often. Thanks for the treat.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the daily posts! And on revisiting past projects! I need to get into the habit of ripping items that are not working.