Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Retreat Goodies

Thank you, everybody, for your kind remarks and support. It means a great deal to us. It was lonely in the apartment today--I kept expecting see the little Kippy face.

But onto happier things--back to the Retreat. I came home with lots of goodies. One feature of the Retreat is the swap lounge where our unwanted yarns find new homes. I went with an huge bagful and came home with just a tny bagful! YAY, me! Plus, there's a vendor market on Saturday. And in our goody bags, there's always a skein or two or three.



The yarns that followed me home:



The five balls of red yarn are Karabella Aurora bulky. This is from the swap lounge. What a great shade of red! I think it's asking to be a hat.

The teal yarn in the top center of the photo is Skacel merino lace. Also from the stash lounge.

The light blue yarn and the teal yarn on the lower right were in the goody bags. The light blue is Valley Yarns Deerfield and the teal is Berroco Pure Merino DK.

That yummy green--Sundara worsted merino in mint julep. In the goody bag. Yes, we all swooned when we saw the Sundara!

And that skein of gray with a hint of purple? I showed amazing restraint--that's the only yarn I bought! Briar Rose-- Sea Pearl 1002.

OK, so that's not really all. There's also the order I've placed with Briar Rose. But that's a story for another time.

1 comment:

stringplay said...

Oh, I think a cheery, red hat to liven up the winter is a great idea.
And a retreat bag to keep the loot in. Great reTREATs.